The Process of Putting a Child Up for Adoption at Birth Seems Overwhelming. Where Do I Begin?
I have just delivered a child, and the baby was unplanned. I am planning adoption for my newborn. Am I too late to start the process of putting my child up for adoption at birth? I am extremely stressed and not sure where to begin.
The answer is NO! You can give your baby up for adoption even months after giving birth. It’s never too late to think about the well-being of your child. As a mother, only you can decide what is best for your child. You are choosing life for your baby.
You must be thinking: How do I start the adoption process? Whom do I contact? Can I choose the adoptive family for my child? Do I need to pay to give up my child for adoption?
Placing your Child for Adoption at Birth
● Contact a licensed, private adoption agency or an adoption attorney, like The Law Offices of Berkowitz and White. They can guide you both from legal and adoption perspectives.
● There is nothing simple about what you are doing. We are here to support you and your decisions. Our service is 100% free and confidential. Contacting us never obligates you to choose adoption for your newborn.
● The first step of the adoption process is helping you make a custom adoption plan. Your plan will include your family preferences and level of contact with the family and child after adoption. The details of your adoption plan are choices you will make based on what you feel is right for you and your child.
● You can opt for an open, semi-open, or closed adoption plan. Select a customized adoption plan that best suits your and your child’s needs.
● Choosing just the right adoptive family for your child is a big decision. Based on the type of plan, you can choose and meet the adoptive family. This way, the birth mother can ensure that she is making the right decision for her child.
● The final step is to complete the adoption paperwork and transfer the parental rights to the adoptive family. Our adoption professional will walk you through this process.
● A birth mother can receive information and exchange photographs and videos of the child through the AdoptSwap portal, which is 100% safe to use. This portal allows the exchange of photographs and information between adoptive and birth families who wish to stay connected while maintaining their privacy.
Are you considering giving up your baby for adoption? You are never giving up your baby for adoption but choosing to give your baby the gift of a loving family and a home. Contact us today. We are here to help.